Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Udopeia

I have many ideas for my utopian society.  Briefly recalling the soma and sex as proposed in Aldous Huxley’s novel Brave New World, I thought, Hey! that doesn’t seem too bad… But I can’t remember why that sophomore year of high school novel is dystopian.  Too much soma…  Maybe, it’s that one man’s utopia is another’s dystopia. 

The utopia I have been giving most thought to lately given my growing interest in ancestral health and the original human diet from the Paleolithic era 9000 B.C., would be tribes running around barefoot while spearing wild game and falling asleep under the stars.  But this would be more of a watch over your own hide free market, I guess.  And after witnessing those Ron Paul zealots tonight I’m not interested in writing about the free market. 

Instead I’ll pen my progressive democratic utopia without straying from the bulk of the political structure.  In my utopia I envision the 1950’s middle class without the racism and cold war crap.  Corporations hardly exist, except to make cool things like iPhones and Xbox’s.   The government is by, for, and of the people.  The biggest problem in politics today that dirty corporate money has infested democracy.  Politicians should be a direct representation of the people in their district, not the business and money.  Also the senate blows.  Fuck a filibuster. 

I believe 90% of people are good.  And the 10% of bad people have the power and dough in this country.  In my democratic utopia they only have as much power as the next voter.  I want an egalitarian country where everyone has an opportunity to live the middle class life.   This is a tough concept for many people.  We all want to be billionaires and greed is ingrained in the American psyche.  I think that by bringing the extremes of the poor and rich to the middle class it changes some of the preset notions of greed and wealth. 

I think it is difficult to think about the environment and care for it when we are so entrenched in the global, multi-national economy.  By limiting the corporate money influence and promoting local economies, I think that environmental compassion will thrive.  Localism makes the world smaller and more manageable.  With a stronger democracy without that outside money influence I believe that people would vote to preserve the environment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment